Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm Not Writing about Mojang Being Sued!

You probably have already heard that Mojang is being sued by Bethesda for using the name Scrolls for an upcoming video game. Which is why I'm not writing about something you are already aware of. Instead, I plan on telling you about a cool game similar to Minecraft. While I play awesome games that include a lot of killing, explosions, blood, magic and piƱatas. I do enjoy sandbox games from time to time. I have recently gotten on a Minecraft binge, and when notch posted on twitter about an interesting game that he totally couldn't fund I went out and pledged a good 10 dollars to the developer.
The game is called Lords of Uberdark and it is made by Aaron Bishop, an indie game developer. His best known games are Egoboo and SoulFu, both games I plan on taking a look into. Lords of Uberdark is a mining game with beautiful graphics, anyone who has played Minecraft knows that its always nice to look at the wonderful algorithmically generated scenery. It might be nice to see some of that scenery that isn't pixelated and blocky. While I still plan on playing Minecraft, I have pledged 10 dollars to this project and when he reaches the goal of 20 thousand dollars, I will receive the game starting in alpha. The alpha begins on August 10th unless it gets moved, and pledging $10 at Kickstarter.com will get you the alpha version, as well as all versions thereafter.

The game is still very much in development and pledging the 10 dollars now will allow you the privilege of being one of the few alpha testers. Who doesn't love being able to say they have been with a game since alpha? The Kickstarter Project will end on August 7th at 9PM EDT, He is very close to the goal amount of pledges but if he is unable to reach 20 thousand dollars by then the game will not be funded. If you pledge toward the project and it does not reach 20 thousands dollars then you will not be charged.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post.