Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

GodFinger for iPhone: Play God!

I am a big fan of casual gaming. I spend a lot of my hours tending to my crops in Farmville. Recently, however I found a new best friend and his name is GodFinger.
I have always loved god games, but Godfinger takes the cake. In GodFinger you have what are called followers. followers love to satisfy the lord. They live to please their god. Followers serve a few main purposes first and foremost, gold. Followers earn gold for you by doing menial tasks like tending to farms. The second and likely the most important reason for their existence is to gain you mana.
Mana is the main element of your Godly God powers, without mana  you cannot perform wonders. Every one of the tasks that followers do requires that you perform a wonder beforehand. Followers are dumb and need to be reminded who they are working for.
Every once in a while a follower will get tired and will need to rest. building a campfire will alleviate this problem over time but to really take care of their needs you need a more permanent rest home like an inn or a tent. You can purchase such things in the store using gold or Awe points. You can earn Awe points gradually but they are meant to be bought, like Farmville dollars, using actual money.
GodFinger is very outgoing for a game as it runs on the plus+ gaming social network for iOS Platforms. It is available on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad and is very addicting. 
I have played GodFinger quite a bit in the past few days and I really enjoy it. Its soul-sucking aspects leave little room for much else in a day so I would absolutely suggest this to the leisurely multitasker.  All in all GodFinger is really an awesome game and I give it a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post.